Saturday, February 18, 2017

Hydrate and Prime

I have never used primer before. I'm old school where we put our foundation and then concealer and then powder. The concept of primer certainly intrigued me. I have a certain YouTube beauty personality that I love to watch. She does show e.l.f. products quite often. one of these products was the e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer. I decided to go ahead and order this primer as she gave it a glowing review and we both have similar skin types. It was only $6 online. I was so happy with the price. The product itself is in a beautiful sea green glass bottle with a pump and lid. It matched the colors in my bathroom and was more sanitary than some of the other packaging of other products I have looked at. 

I watched many videos on the proper way to use primer and practiced til I perfected it. I love this primer! I sometimes actually use this without wearing any foundation because it makes my face feel so yummy. I have very dry skin and I moisturize, but my thirsty face loves this primer. It gives my face a dose of hydration while smoothing out all the imperfections and creating a flawless palette for my foundation. When I laid my foundation out over this I was amazed at how much smoother everything appeared and how much longer everything lasted. My makeup certainly didn't melt at all. It was a workout getting everything off at night though. 

The only downfall I would say this product might have, and to me it wasn't really a downfall, it does come across as a little oily feeling at first until it settles. Overall I am truly pleased with this product and I would highly recommend it to others. I will be repurchasing this primer again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment